Crunchy outside, chewy inside, and packed with warm spices and delicious pumpkin flavor. These easy gluten free pumpkin mochi waffles are perfect to add to your breakfast rotation.
Okay, but these waffles scream fall (or let’s face it, it’s great anytime of the year). Notes of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves. All while mixed into a delicious waffle.
I mean who doesn’t love a good waffle for breakfast? I’m totally a sweets for breakfast kind of a girl. Give me all the pancakes, waffles, and french toast you can.
Ingredients needed to make pumpkin mochi waffles
- 3/4 cups milk. Any milk will work here.
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree. Be sure to get pumpkin puree, but pumpkin pie filling.
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract. Feel like making your own? Check out my homemade vanilla extract recipe.
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice. Make your own or pick up a store bought mix.
- 1 1/4 cup mochiko flour. This can be found in the Asian aisle at most grocery stores. If you want the classic chewy center of mochi waffles, unfortunately you can not substitute this for all purpose flour.
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder. This will help with rising.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Are there any substitutions I can make?
- Non-dairy milks can be used.
What are pumpkin mochi waffles?
Mochi waffles are made with mochiko flour which gives it a chewy center like that of mochi. These waffles are pumpkin spiced flavor.
Are pumpkin mochi waffles gluten free?
YES! Mochiko is naturally gluten free.
What kind of toppings can I use?
Some popular toppings include
- Maple syrup
- Whipped cream
- Fresh fruit
- Ice cream
How to store pumpkin waffles?
These are best eaten fresh off the waffle iron. If you happen to have leftovers you can store in an airtight container at room temperature for a day or two or in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
You can also prepare the batter ahead of time and store in the refrigerator for 3-4 days and cook the day you want to eat it.
How to reheat?
Reheating can be done on the waffle iron or in the microwave.
More recipes for the mochi lovers
How to make pumpkin mochi waffles?
Preheat waffle iron.
In a medium mixing bowl add milk, pumpkin, egg, vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spice. Whisk until well combined. Set aside.
In another medium mixing bowl add mochiko flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Whisk until well combined.
Add wet ingredients to dry. Whisk until just combined.
Spray nonstick cooking spray on the waffle iron. Add 1/4 to 1/2 a cup of the batter to the waffle iron. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.
Add toppings of your choice and ENJOY!
Pumpkin Mochi Waffles
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a medium mixing bowl add milk, pumpkin, egg, vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spice. Whisk until well combined. Set aside.
- In another medium mixing bowl add mochiko flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Whisk until well combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry. Whisk until just combined.
- Spray nonstick cooking spray on the waffle iron. Add 1/4 to 1/2 a cup of the batter to the waffle iron. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add toppings of your choice and ENJOY!
© Relle Lum for Keeping It Relle. Please do not copy and paste or screenshot recipes online or on social media. I’d love it if you share a link with a photo instead. Mahalo!
Tried this recipe? Tag me on social. I’d love to see and share it.
Tried and love this recipe? Please give it a rating.
Pin for later.